How many of you can relate to going through a whole day without doing anything productive? Your time is precious and it’s one thing that you can never get back. So how can you use it more wisely and be able to fit everything in? The advice below has some techniques that I’ve found helpful with managing my life, Mind of a Diva, and my other responsibilities. I hope that some of the tactics I’ve developed help you too.
1) Schedule Your Day- We all have either a smart phone or email account that comes with a calendar. So use that resource to your advantage. One of my good friend’s in college would plan her week on Sunday nights and be set for the week. What I like to do is make a list of everything that I need to do, then fit it into time slots. One thing that I will mention is don’t make it all work, add some fun in there too. It definitely helps break up the day in order to be productive.
2) Get an Accountability Partner- Lately I’ve found that my schedule and to do list has doubled and I don’t know where to start. Like many people when this happens instead of just going for it and trying to cross things off, I don’t do anything. I will admit I’m a pro at procrastination. That’s why having someone to hold me accountable has helped me be productive. Now, you don’t have to go out on Google to find some professional. Just ask a friend or family member that you know is reliable and will stay on you about finishing what you’ve set out to do.
3) Remove Distractions- I have a few major distractions in my home office and that’s my television and online shopping (which also goes along with spending hours on Pinterest). Knowing this I changed up my space so I don’t have access to those things while I’m working. I’ve also learned to stay away from the rooms that have my TV and other distractions in them. What’s helped me is setting a time limit on how long I work and making sure I take breaks to have fun and just relax.
4) Less Is More- Remember that everything can’t be done in one single day. While you may have a busy schedule planned out, it’s okay if everything doesn’t get done that day. I use to be so hard on myself when I didn’t complete everything. I would wonder where I wasted my time and then I determined it wasn’t me it was my schedule. I had too much on set to do in one day. So plan accordingly and don’t beat yourself up if you don’t get it all done.
5) Take Care of You- The most important thing that you can do is take care of yourself, because if you’re out of commission then nothing gets done. Be sure to drink water often because staying hydrated will give you more energy. Also have some healthy snacks throughout the day such as fruits and vegetables, and don’t forget to take breaks and eat meals. Finally, be smart about your health by making sure you wash your hands, avoid getting sick by taking vitamins, and keep your work/personal area clean.